Become a distribution hub
and organise unemployed people in your community to sell South African Coversations so that they can generate their own income.
Sellers earn 50% of the cover price … Distribution Hubs earn 20%!
Here’s how it works
- Distribution Hubs buy a minimum of 150 magazines at a
time, at a cost of R15 per magazine for a total of R2,250
– payable within 30 days.
- Unsold copies may be returned during the first 3 months while you try this out to see how things work.
- However, our experience indicates that it is infinitely possible for sellers to sell 6 to 10 copies in a day – depending on the level of affluent foot traffic where they’re selling.
- If the seller works for 22 days or less, they can easily move 150 copies and generate R3,750 for themselves for the month – and R1,500 for the Distribution Hub.
- Obviously, the more people you help become ‘self-employed’ in this way, the more money the Hub makes.
- Sellers buy a minimum of 10 magazines from a Hub, at
R25 each for a total amount of R250 cash. You may have to supply the first 10 magazines on credit – just to get
the seller going. Use your discretion. The idea is to give people a hand-up to become entrepreneurs, buying and
- Sellers sell the magazines for R50 each and thus generate R500 – recovering their initial investment plus
100% profit, which they can reinvest in buying the next 10 magazines to sell.
Who can be a Distribution Hub?
Churches, charities, chambers of commerce, hawker’s associations, non-profit organisations, stokvels, trader’s alliances, car-guard organisations, enterprising individuals, caring businesses … Anyone, really, with a little bit of storage space, a big heart, and time for a little bit of admin. Anyone who is willing to do what it takes to help one, two, ten or more people (and themselves) earn money.
If you happen to have a place or an event from which people can sell, that would be great. If not, we will try to match you with a venue in your vicinity.